Thursday, January 10, 2013

Yea, no workouts until Monday, my muscles need a break. Working out and running in the sand is hard work but I am really glad there is a gym here. I am up at 6:00 and then off to class for 7:30, sets the frame of mind for the day. The temperature walking home is in the 80's, at 8:30 in the morning. Then I usually head to the local coffee shop, (sorry no Tim Hortons), but this coffee is very good. Above Grounds Coffee. Fresh roast Guatemalan. Will have to remember to take my camera.The shop is upstairs in what resembles a tree house, with a thatched roof. 

Wine and imported liquor are very expensive in Belize, so I stocked up at the duty free at the Belize Airport before coming to Placencia. Two bottles of white (Sauvingnon Blanc and Pinot Grigio), two bottles of red (Merlot and Valpolicella) and one quart of Grey Goose Vodka, for a grand total of $58.00 US.



Monday special at the Pickled Parrot, meat loaf, mashed potatoes and glazed carrots. $10.00 BZE or $5.00 US/CAN. I have a full kitchen, but the food is so good elsewhere, that I am preferring to eat out. I had a beef burrito from a stand on the main street for $3.00 BZE for lunch yesterday, sooooooooo good. Oh by the way, you get two Belizean dollars for one US dollar.


This is the mascot for the Pickled Parrot. I forget his name, I think it's the heat. He has only three legs and loves for you to throw his toys. But, once you do, he will fetch forever.


I read before I came that the dogs here were not looked after, but I am not finding this to be true. Yes, from a groomers point of view some need a good bath and nail trimming, and they are not on leashes but I have not seen any injured dogs walking about. There is a humane society that has a one day clinic, I am going to try and find out when that is so I perhaps can lend a hand while I am here.  Well guys, I have done enough bolgging for now, the beach and a cold beer are beckoning.


4 comments:

  1. Jody it sounds like your having a great time and you needed it. The food looks amazing, and why not eat out for those prices. Duty free is great glad you bought some going in. May the sun shine on you and the sand tickle your feet, have fun write soon Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather I did not know who it was, Anonymous? Yes, I am having a much needed rest, sort of, always out and about. I feel like I did when I was in my twenty's, not a care in the world. Could be adicitive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are doing great,is it what you expected?keep safe and keep pictures and comments coming.Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its everything and more. I had done a lot of research before and the pictures on the internet are very lifelike. What is more special is the people, very beautiful. I have met so many new people and that is a change from home. You would have a ball here, if you came with a bunch of girls. So many bars.

    ReplyDelete