Thursday, January 17, 2013

Last night I went with some friends staying at the same place to the Tipsy Tuna to hear Garifuna  Drumming. Very nice that they are passing this culture down to the kids and keeping it alive. The pictures were taken at night, so sorry they are not the best, but the drumming was. 


The young men ask the ladies for a dance, it is "Punta" and you have to shake your ass. I think you should google it so you can see what it looks like. 


Look at that beautiful face, they young man, I mean.


And it seems no matter where I go, I attract these guys. He laid underneath my seat.




On my way back I stopped at my local for a nightcap.


These guys were getting a little frisky. Boy dog meets girl dog. So now I am up to date on the blog. I guess I should get off my ass and do some touring around, but it is sooooo hard. I am very content just to be here.





2 comments:

  1. Hello from Phoebe and friends. Its - 20 here. Larry says "the sand fleas aren't bad here today, Phoebe and I were out and filled the bird feeders, we never got bit once". Hope the legs are better and you are seeing some of the countryside..Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bug bites are finally going away,some. I am off to Monkey River tomorrow to see the Monkeys. They already warned me about the mosquitos. Larry, I will be taking my Deet.

    ReplyDelete